An inverted (or Dutch, as it´s also called) fishtail braid is a great way to make your fishtail braid pop! And it feels trendier and edgier than the French one! It´s a great hairstyle for any occasion, if you wear it during the day, you can keep it neater; if you´re going out at night for a dinner or a party, you can pull on it more to make it bigger and messier to give it that edgy, trendy feeling. Follow these steps to achieve the look.
1. Pick up two strands of hair high up on the crown of the head.
2. Take a piece of hair from the left strand, cross it under, and join it with the right strand.
3. Take a piece of hair from the right strand, cross it under, and join it with the left strand.
4. Take a piece of hair from the left strand again, cross it under, and join it with the right one.
5. Now take a piece of hair from the left, next to where you originally picked up hair; also cross this piece of hair under, and join it with the right side.
6. Do the same on the other side.
7. Continue like this all the way down until you have incorporated all the hair. Then make an inverted fishtail braid without adding hair. Remember to continue to cross the strands of hair under and join the opposite side.
8. Pull on the braid to add volume.